Continue the fun with your dog. This class is advanced agility for dogs and owners who have attended our Beginning Agility Class or have had prior agility experience. Beginning obstacles such as jumps, tunnel and tire will be incorporated into learning some additional more advanced obstacles and course variations. More focus will be put on improved handling and communication with your dog while navigating the obstacle course.
The class is taught by Linda Beard, certified dog trainer and Janet Best, experienced dog business owner. Classes will be held Thursdays Nov 14, 21, Dec 5, 12 at 3:30PM at The Jimmie Hughes Campus, 150 North Yucca Street in the courtyard behind the theater. There is a fee for this program; inquire at The Mesquite Recreation Center.
Requirements for this program:
- No children under 15 years old permitted
- No prong collars, head halters or retractable leashes or chains (6’ Leash only).
- Please bring water for yourself and your dog w/a bowl.
- Please wear closed toed shoes.
- Please bring training treats, small, soft and smelly and a treat pouch or fanny pack.
- All dogs must be current on all Vaccinations (Rabies, Parvo and Distemper, must bring record with you when registering for class)
- Your pet cannot be dog reactive. (contact instructor if unsure)
- If you have any questions or concerns on the agility class , please contact the instructor at 724-513-8259
For more information about this event and other programs please down load the app, it’s available for iOS or Android devices at http://tour.mesquitenv.gov/. Download it today and discover more of Mesquite!
For more information on this and other programs please contact the Department of Athletics & Leisure Services at (702) 346-8732. Register for youth and adult programs online at: www.mesquitenv.gov. For more information and to stay connected via social media, our Facebook Page is: www.facebook.com/MesquiteNVRecreation or at the Administrative Offices located at 100 W. Old Mill Road.
The City of Mesquite is an equal opportunity employer.