Mesquite Fire & Rescue submits the following call statistics for the week of 2/22/16 through 2/28/2016:
Total Calls For Service: 60*
911 Transports: 20
Non Transports: 18
Inter-facility Transports: 13
Fire Related Incidents: 10
• B Shift performed Fire Drills at Virgin Valley High School and Charles Hughes Middle School
• E-11 Responded to a report of an odor of Propane at a motel on W Mesquite BLVD. Arrived with no odors and nothing found with gas monitor.
• E-11, R-31 Responded to the home on Jensen Drive for an active smoke detector. No problem found at residence and alarms were able to be silenced.
• E-31, T-31 Dispatched to a restaurant on West Pioneer for a General Fire Alarm. Arrived with no visible smoke or fire. Investigation revealed that the suppression system over the cooking area had been activated and discharged extinguishing agent. No evidence of fire anywhere in the structure.
• E-11, R-11, Beaver Dam Fire Responded to a large big box store on West Pioneer for a general fire alarm. Arrived with no visible smoke or fire. Search of store reveals no sign of problem and it appears to have been an alarm malfunction.
• E-11, R-11 Responded to Desert Springs, AZ to assist Beaver Dam Fire with a reported structure fire. Single wide mobile home was reported to be a total loss.
• E-11, R-11 responded to the area of 272 West Pioneer for a vehicle into a light pole. Arrived to find significant damage to an SUV as well as a light pole down. Driver transported via R-11 to MVRH for evaluation of injuries.
Non Transports include: Patient refusals, lift assists, patient deceased at scene, no patient found, no incident found, Incidents handled by other agencies.
*Call totals do not always add up to the Total Calls For Service due to multiple patients/incident types at a single incident.
Find us on Facebook! Mesquite NV Fire & Rescue