In keeping with CERT’s mission to prepare individuals, neighbors and the community for disasters, CERT volunteers will help residents, free of charge, to maintain a working smoke detector.
2 CERT volunteers will schedule with a resident to change the batteries in the smoke detectors.
Smoke detector battery change highlights:
- 65 years of age or older
- handicapped or physically unable to climb ladder
- Resident must be 18 years of age and have legal access to home
- Resident must be present and sign waiver
- Smoke detector height cannot exceed 12 feet
- Service is free of charge however donations support CERT mission
Dates for March: Thursday, March 12 or Saturday, March 14 mornings
Or call Belinda at 630-738-0694
Or register on the following Mesquite City Website