New Year Resolutions for Pets
15. I will not eat other animals’ poop.
14. I will not lick my human’s face after eating animal poop.
13. I do not need to suddenly stand straight up when I’m lying under the coffee table.
12. My head does not belong in the refrigerator.
11. I will no longer be beholden to the sound of the can opener.
10. Cats: Circulate a petition that sleeping become a juried competition in major animal shows.
9. Come to understand that cats are from Venus; dogs are from Mars.
8. Take time from busy schedule to stop and smell the behinds.
7. Hamster: Don’t let them figure out I’m just a rat on steroids, or they’ll flush me!
6. Get a bite in on that freak who gives me that shot every year.
5. Grow opposable thumb; break into pantry; decide for MYSELF how much food is *too* much.
4. Cats: Use new living room sofa as scratching post.
3. January 1st: Kill the sock! Must kill the sock!
January 2nd – December 31: Re-live victory over the sock.
2. The garbage collector is NOT stealing our stuff.
AND the Number 1 New Year’s Resolutions Made by Pets…
1. I will NOT chase the stick until I see it LEAVE THE PERSONS HAND
The holidays have brought homes to so many of our shelter animals. We want to thank you for opening your hearts and homes to these deserving animals.
Featured Dog- Tank
I am a high energy puppy who loves to meet new people. I will greet you at the door with a head to tail, full body wag. I will eagerly roll over onto my back for a belly rub and will lie patiently for as long as you want to rub my belly (one of my favorite things to do).- I am very bright and quick to learn new things, and will do anything you ask of me when it involves getting a treat. I am eager to please my people and try hard to follow their directions- I am learning how to stay and leash walk well. I am so curious and excited to see the world outside. So that is the story of me – Tank. If you have a high energy home with lots of time for walks and snuggles, then I am the puppy for you. I am eagerly waiting to meet you and find my forever home.
Other available dogs- No other dogs available at this time
Featured Cat- Locket
Always looking for that special piece of jewelry then you need to have this special lady in your home. Born with a pendant of orange at her throat offset against white hair, Locket is one high-class dame. She lost her home and is adjusting to new surroundings. She’ll sit very nearby and look you proudly in the eye, her posture elegantly erect, and her tail wrapped primly round … as though she is always posing for a portrait! She would do best in a quiet one cat home.
Other available cats-
Truffles- beautiful white and gray swirled coat. Knows her name and comes when called.
Sunshine- Long hair white with black tail and head. Should be only cat in home.
All animals will be spayed or neutered prior to leaving shelter and receive 1 year rabies vaccination and city license. Ages are approximated.
The City of Mesquite Animal Shelter located at 795 Hardy Way is open for adoptions from 11am until 1 pm, Monday through Saturday, Sunday 1pm -3pm. Please call 702-346-7415 during these hours to speak to the front desk. Animal Control may be reached by phone or voicemail at 702-346-5268.
The animals submitted to the media may have changes so please visit our Petfinder website for a current listing and more detailed information on the animals. www.mesquiteanimalshelter.petfinder.com