The Mesquite Senior Games is seeking motivated volunteers to assist with production of next year’s Mesquite Senior Games Track & Field Meet scheduled for April 11, 2015.
As the event continues to grow, they want to raise the bar (pun intended) on how the event is run. They want this meet to be professionally produced to provide the best possible experience for the athletes.
However, if we cannot get volunteers to adequately staff the meet or if those volunteers are not available for pre-meet training, we will have to cancel the event altogether.
It takes quite a few to staff a track and field meet. Below, you will see the areas and the numbers required. Please note, judges and leads will be provided a 2-hour training session, which is mandatory.
As a token of appreciation, volunteers will be provided complimentary entry into two events and receive an MSG t-shirt (please: one shirt per participant for entire games).
– Field: Chief Field Judge Discus (1)*
– Field: Chief Field Judge High Jump (1)*
– Field: Chief Field Judge Javelin & Softball Throw (1)*
– Field: Chief Field Judge Long Jump, Standing Long Jump, Triple Jump (1)*
– Field: Chief Field Judge Shot Put & Mesquite Stone (1)*
– Field: Event Assistants (Bending / Lifting / Carrying) (Approx 10)
– Field: Event Asst Judges (Bending / Squatting / Kneeling) (Approx 5)
– Field: Head Field Judge (1)*
– Track: Clerk of the Course (1)*
– Track: Start Referee / Clerk / (1)
– Track: Starter (1)*
– Track: Head Starter (1)*
– Track: Timers (6)
– Venue: Medical (1)
– Venue: Public Address Announcer (1)*
– Venue: Registration / Check-in (Friday Evening & Saturday Morning) (2)*
– Venue: Scoring / Data Entry / Awards (3)
– Venue: Set-up (Friday 3-6PM) (5)
– Venue: Set-up (Saturday 6-8AM) (5)
– Venue: Tear-Down (Saturday Afternoon) (4)
If you would like to volunteer, please either see me at softball or contact Gary Culver at 702-613-4250 or by emailing email@example.com as soon as possible.