Mesquite CERT -The Mesquite Community Emergency Response Team has launched a Smoke Detector Battery Change Program. In keeping with CERT’s mission to prepare individuals, neighbors and the community for disasters, CERT volunteers will help residents, free of charge, to maintain a working smoke detector.
In keeping with the CERT mission, 2 CERT volunteers will schedule with a resident to change the batteries in the smoke detectors. November dates are Thursday, November 13 and 15 from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Smoke detector battery change highlights:
- Resident must be 18 years of age and have legal access to home
- Resident must be present and sign waiver
- Resident is to provide 9 volt battery
- Smoke detector height cannot exceed 12 feet
- 2 CERT volunteers will provide service
- Service is free of charge
Residents can email email@example.com to schedule or call Belinda at 630-738-0694