Mesquite Fire & Rescue submits the following call statistics for the week of 5/30/16 through 6/5/2016:
Total Calls For Service: 66*
911 Transports: 35
Non Transports: 17
Inter-facility Transports: 6
Fire Related Incidents: 10
- E-31, E-11, R-11 Responded to I-15 mm 118 for a report of a Pick-up truck and travel trailer on fire. Arrived with visible smoke or fire. Owner advises he had a mechanical failure on his trailer axle and it was smoking heavily. He was able to cool it down prior to Fire Department arrival. E-31 escorted vehicle to local repair shop utilizing the new 118 SB off ramp (Construction crew allowed even though not open yet).
- E-11, R-31 Responded to a multi vehicle accident on Sea Pines Street. 1 person was transported to Mesa View for evaluation. There were no other people involved.
- E-11, T-31, R-12 Responded to the Mesquite Bluffs apartments for a General Fire Alarm. Arrived with no smoke or fire. Found manual pull station had been pulled by a young juvenile. Child and parents counselled on inappropriate use of a fire alarm.
- E-11, R-31 Responded to I-15 mm 111 NB to assist Bunkerville FIre with a single vehicle rollover. Arrived to find a semi truck turned over with large amounts of soda syrup leaking from the trailer. Spill was dammed and diked to the immediate area. Materials not hazardous and scene left with NHP for clean up by private company. Driver of truck was transported by Bunkerville to MVRH for evaluation.
- E-11, R-31, R-11 Responded to a reported Propane leak at a Restaurant on W. Pioneer. Arrived with no obvious odor. No current odor inside restaurant. Manager advised his staff smelled a strong smell and so he shut down the propane to the building and the smell dissipated. Also stated that the propane had been filled yesterday. Recharged system with no propane detected leaking. It is believed that system over pressurized due to the excessive heat (114* at time of call).
Non Transports include: Patient refusals, lift assists, patient deceased at scene, no patient found, no incident found, Incidents handled by other agencies.
*Call totals do not always add up to the Total Calls for Service due to multiple patients/incident types at a single incident.
Find us on Facebook! Mesquite NV Fire & Rescue