Did you know that February is Responsible Pet Owner Month? This month celebrates all of us who are responsible pet owners and all who take the care of animals seriously. During the month of February we celebrate our pets with love and kindness, not just for this month but for our whole lives. They love us unconditionally. Help support a happy life for all pets by spreading the word on how to be a responsible pet owner.
Common Responsible Pet Ownership Guidelines
- Spay and neuter you pet.
- Provide proper identification for your pet through microchips and/or ID tags
- Provide your pet with proper nutrition.
- Train your pet well.
- Provide proper veterinarian care for your pet, including routine checkups and following proper vaccine protocol.
- Provide a safe environment for your pet to live.
- Provide proper exercise for your pet.
- Love your pet. Unconditionally all the time, just like they love you.
- Provide proper grooming for your pet. Brush, bathe and, brush those teeth.
- Clean up after your pet. Scoop the poop!
At the time this article was submitted all the adoptable animals at the shelter have found loving homes. Please check the shelter or on line at www.mesquiteanimalshelter.petfinder.com to see what new animals may be available for adoption.
Please check with WCFA 702 346 3326 (voicemail), firstname.lastname@example.org(e-mail) or wecareforanimals.org(web page) a local foster based rescue.
All animals will be spayed or neutered prior to leaving shelter and receive 1 year rabies vaccination and city license. Ages are approximate.
The City of Mesquite Animal Shelter located at 795 Hardy Way is open for adoptions from 11am until 1 pm, Monday through Saturday, Sunday 1pm -3pm. Please call 702-346-7415 during these hours to speak to the front desk. Animal Control may be reached by phone or voicemail at 702-346-5268
The animals submitted to the media may have changed so please visit our Petfinder website for a current listing and more detailed information on the animals. www.mesquiteanimalshelter.petfinder.com
Please also check our Facebook pages for lost and found animals along with pet information. https://www.facebook.com/MesquiteNVAnimalControl and https://www.facebook.com/FRIENDSOFMESQUITENVANIMALSHELTER