Mesquite Fire & Rescue submits the following call statistics for the week of 9/14/15 through 9/20/2015:
Total Calls For Service: 47*
911 Transports: 18
Non Transports: 17
Inter-facility Transports: 5
Fire Related Incidents: 7
- E-11, T-31, R-11, Chief 2 Responded to a reported fire in the basement of the Eureka Casino. Arrived with light smoke showing from the basement. Able to quickly extinguish towels burning on a linen cart. Smoke evacuation of basement took a little over an hour. Business in the the Casino was not affected.
- E-11, R-11, R-31 Responded to a business on N Sandhill for an active smoke detector. No visible smoke or fire upon arrival. Determined that smoke detector accidentally activated for an unknown reason. No current problem and detector reset.
- E-11, R-11, R-31, Chief 1 Responded to Primex Plastics for a fire alarm. No visible smoke or fire upon arrival. Determined that a child had pulled a pull station alarm in break area and there is no fire.
- A Shift performed Shelter in Place Drill at Virgin Valley High School.
- While in Las Vegas on an Interfacility Transport, R-31 came across a Motor Vehicle Accident on S. Maryland Parkway. R-31 stopped and rendered aid until the arrival of Clark County Fire and Medic West Ambulance.
Non Transports include: Patient refusals, lift assists, patient deceased at scene, no patient found, no incident found, Incidents handled by other agencies.
*Call totals do not always add up to the Total Calls For Service due to multiple patients/incident types at a single incident.