Mesquite’s Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) will once again be offering to assist residents with the changing of their smoke detector batteries on Thursday, February 12 and Saturday, February 14 in the mornings. General guidelines to qualify for the assistance are:
- 65 years of age or older
- Handicapped or physically unable to climb ladder
- Resident must be 18 years of age and have legal access to home
- Resident must be present and sign waiver
- Smoke detector height cannot exceed 12 feet
- Service is free of charge however donations support CERT mission
To register for the services, residents may email email@example.com or call Belinda at 630-738-0694.