Mesquite CERT, The Mesquite Community Emergency Response Team has launched a Smoke Detector Battery Change Program. In keeping with CERT’s mission to prepare individuals, neighbors and the community for disasters, CERT volunteers will help residents, free of charge, to maintain a working smoke detector.
Two CERT volunteers will schedule with a resident to change the batteries in the smoke detectors. December dates are Thursday, December 11 and Saturday, December 13.
Smoke detector battery change highlights:
- 65 years of age or older
- Handicapped or physically unable to climb a ladder
- Resident must be 18 years of age and have legal access to home
- Resident must be present and sign waiver
- Smoke detector height cannot exceed 12 feet
- Service is free of charge however donations support the CERT mission
To Schedule the service, register on the City of Mesquite Website at: http://www.mesquitenv.gov/city-government/departments/fire-rescue/safety-programs/smoke-detector, Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Belinda at 630-738-0694.