To the Editor:
I have never been an enthusiastic supporter of war – for any reason. I especially don’t like going to war in the Middle East. I am, however an enthusiastic supporter of benefits for veterans. I have often told friends and others that, “Yes, I abhor war but if we send our kids and others off to war we better damn well take care of them when they come home, no matter what their condition.”
I have a friend who feels the same as I do. His name is Steven Horsford and I’m proud to call him my Congressman. I know this from conversations I have had with Steven and from his speeches and actions. Representative Steven Horsford has demonstrated over and over again that he is a strong supporter of veterans. Here are some of the things he has done for them:
- The Pahrump Vets clinic was stalled for years and he helped push that clinic to completion.
- He was able to help one veteran, Alan Powell, receive $100,000 that was due him from the VA.
- His office recently had the best month ever for recording benefits to returning veterans, helping 6 vets get over $120,000 in benefits.
Here are some of the bills relating to veteran’s issues that Steven has been working on:
- Putting vets back to work act of 2013.
- Making sure that vets have adequate access to mental health services.
- He has also been a staunch supporter of VA reform.
I am proud to be working for and supporting my friend and my congressman, Steven Horsford.