By Michael Quinton
WHAT IS PRAYER?
It is the communication of the human soul with the Lord God who created it. It is talking to God. It is fellowship with God.
It can be audible.
It can be silent.
It can be public.
It can be private.
It can be formal.
It can be informal.
But…all prayer must be offering in faith: James 1:6 Ask in faith, not wavering.
It must be offered in the name of Jesus. John 16:23 What ever you ask the Father in my name He will give you.
It must be asked in the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 8:26
It is seeking God’s favor. Exodus 32:11 Moses begging God for leniency.
It is pouring out our soul to God. 1 Samuel 1:15 Hannah in the Temple.
Six governing principles of prayer:
1. Ask In Faith James 1:6
2. Confess our sins and be clean. 1 John 1:8-9
3. Be passionate about it. James 5:16
4. Have the right motive. James 4:3 You ask for your own satisfaction (wrong motive)
5. Be Specific Matthew 20:30-34 The blind asked Jesus to “Open our eyes”
6. Be consistent. Exodus 30:7-8 Burn incense perpetually
A: ADORATION Exalt God
C: CONFESSION restore your broken fellowship
T. THANKSGIVING. Remember to thank Him.
S. SUPPLICATION Pray for others also
Michael Quinton is Pastor of Mesquite Baptist Church, 742 W. Pioneer Blvd., Suite A.
Sunday worship is at 10:30. We can also be found on Facebook and our website: mesquitebaptistchurch.com
(All messages in the Church Directory are the opinion of the writer, who submits them as a columnist)