March 1894 – Carlos Knight, Charles Hardy, Jessie Waite, A.N. Woodbury, John Hancock, Vie Hancock, Dan Dunten and families were the first permanent settlers of Mesquite. Mesquite had been settled twice before but flooded out both times. These settlers had the advice and financial backing of three gentlemen, one known as Captain Smith.
March 28, 1952 – The L.D.S. chapel that was on Mesquite Blvd was given its crowning glory “the steeple.” This building was built by volunteer labor and was recently demolished. Its location was in front of the current library.
March 29, 2001 – City Hall Grand Opening