New Year Resolutions for Pets
Happy New Year from the Mesquite Animal shelter
15. I will not eat other animals’ poop.
14. I will not lick my human’s face after eating animal poop.
13. I do not need to suddenly stand straight up when I’m lying under the coffee table.
12. My head does not belong in the refrigerator.
11. I will no longer be beholden to the sound of the can opener.
10. Cats: Circulate a petition that sleeping become a juried competition in major animal shows.
9. Come to understand that cats are from Venus; dogs are from Mars.
8. Take time from busy schedule to stop and smell the behinds.
7. Hamster: Don’t let them figure out I’m just a rat on steroids, or they’ll flush me!
6. Get a bite in on that freak who gives me that shot every year.
5. Grow opposable thumb; break into pantry; decide for MYSELF how much food is *too* much.
4. Cats: Use new living room sofa as scratching post.
3. January 1st: Kill the sock! Must kill the sock!
January 2nd – December 31: Re-live victory over the sock.
2. The garbage collector is NOT stealing our stuff.
AND the Number 1 New Year’s Resolutions Made by Pets…
1. I will NOT chase the stick until I see it LEAVE THE PERSONS HAND
The holidays have brought homes to so many of our shelter animals. We want to thank you for opening your hearts and homes to these deserving animals.
Featured Dog- Colby
Colby is a male Australian shepherd/heeler/collie blend. 3-5 years old.He is a big do and loves people. Colby will need a home with a very high fence as he loves to go traveling and meet new people. He knows sit, wait, kennel. He is doing well on leash training. He doesn’t have interest in playing with toys and would rather sit beside you while you tell him what a good dog he is.
Other available dogs: Kruz 6 month old pit bull male. Very active. Loves to play. Doing well with learning manners and walking on a leash.
Featured cat Kiki
Kiki’s owner could no longer keep her two cats. Kiki is a beautiful black and white young lady. she is a little shy because in the change in her surroundings. She loves to be petted and will roll over so you can reach her belly for a few extra rubs.
Other available cats: At this time there are no other cats available for adoption.
All animals will be spayed or neutered prior to leaving shelter and receive 1 year rabies vaccination and city license. Ages are approximate.
The City of Mesquite Animal Shelter located at 795 Hardy Way is open for adoptions from 11am until 1 pm, Monday through Saturday, Sunday 1pm -3pm. Please call 702-346-7415 during these hours to speak to the front desk. Animal Control may be reached by phone or voicemail at 702-346-5268
The animals submitted to the media may have changed so please visit our Petfinder website for a current listing and more detailed information on the animals. www.mesquiteanimalshelter.petfinder.com
Please also check our Facebook pages for lost and found animals along with pet information. https://www.facebook.com/MesquiteNVAnimalControl and https://www.facebook.com/FRIENDSOFMESQUITENVANIMALSHELTER