Mesquite Fire & Rescue submits the following call statistics for the week of 8/17/15 through 8/23/2015:
Total Calls For Service: 60*
911 Transports: 20
Non Transports: 22
Inter-facility Transports: 9
Fire Related Incidents: 10
- E-11, R-31, R-11 responded to a smoke alarm at an assisted living facility on Second South. No visible smoke or fire. Staff reports food being prepared on a very hot pan set of the smoke alarm. Fire Crews confirmed no issues and cleared scene.
- E-11, R-11 Responded to Charles Hughes Middle School for a active smoke alarm. Arrived to find no evidence of fire. Found a faulty detector sounding the alarm. Staff advises they will have maintenance come and fix.
- E-11, R-12 responded under Mutual Aid to assist the Beaver Dam/Littlefield Fire District with an RV on fire in Scenic, AZ. Arrived with Beaver Dam actively fighting the fire and Mesquite units assisted with knockdown and overhaul before returning to the City of Mesquite.
- E-11, R-11 Responded to a single vehicle into a light pole at the intersection of Grapevine and Duchess. Significant front end damage to vehicle. Driver and passenger evaluated for injuries and both refused transport. Public Works called to scene to stabilize one light pole that had been partially knocked down.
- E-11. R-11 Responded to a smoke alarm in a residence on Greens Way. Resident had left a pot holder in the oven that caught fire but that they had extinguished prior to our arrival. No extension of fire to the structure.
- E-11 Responded to a BBQ on fire on the second floor balcony of a condo on Mesa BLVD. Arrived with light smoke from the balcony but no active flames. Resident advises they were using an electric BBQ when the grease caught fire and they couldn’t get it out. Remainder of material extinguished with Fire Department Water/Foam extinguisher and BBQ put a safe distance from building.
- E-11, R-31 cleared from previous incident to respond to a smoke alarm in an apartment on Sun Valley Dr. Arrived with light smell of smoke in unit. Resident advised that they were using a burner on the stove they hadn’t used in years and the top began to smoke. It appears that there was a large collection of dust on the burner and the heat burned it off when it was turned on. No fire or ongoing danger and alarm reset.
Non Transports include: Patient refusals, lift assists, patient deceased at scene, no patient found, no incident found, Incidents handled by other agencies.
*Call totals do not always add up to the Total Calls For Service due to multiple patients/incident types at a single incident.