Five reasons adult cats make great pets:
- Adult cats already know who they are, so what you see is what you get. Lap cat or playful, cuddly or independent, an adult cat never bothers to hide its true personality.
- Adult cats require less attention and supervision. They’re quiet companions. They have well-developed manners about the litter box and the scratching post.
- After a long day at work, you may just want to come home and curl up with a furry friend. An adult cat will be more than happy to sit with you after dinner and watch your favorite shows on TV. Adult cats are masters of serenity.
- Adult cats may sleep at the foot of your bed, under the bed, or snuggled in with you. They are generally happy to sleep when you do.
- Adult cats are usually better companions for the young and the elderly, as well as for any family that prefers quiet. Adult cats are more mellow and often more patient. They have experience with humans and have learned to live with us (lucky us!).
Tucker is approx. 2-3 years old and a handsome black/white tuxedo cat with personality plus). He is a very affectionate and sweet boy who loves being around his people. He likes sitting on laps and being petted – he loves attention. Tucker is a talkative boy and has a lot to say, and he is rather mellow for such a young boy. He is quite possibly one of the sweetest cats I’ve ever met! He loves new people, and thinks everything is exciting! He was found abandoned at a campground and spent the night sleeping in a camper with the family that found him. Unfortunately they could not keep him as they were traveling. You can tell he once wore a collar and had been neutered.
Other available cats:
Miss Kitty 6 year old Long hair. Loves attention and to be brushed.
8 mo-1year Jessie is a cheerful guy who is gentle with people, but is a big dog with an always wagging tail! He knows sit, is doing very well on a leash and is very treat motivated in terms of learning new tricks. He’s a smart guy who wants nothing more than to be with people and will likely do well with other dogs. He’s going to need a home with a large fenced in yard for running and playing! Jessie was found as a stray, so we don’t have too much information on him; the people that found him had children and said he was good around them. He came with another dog- Gypsy. The volunteers have noted that he is playful and very energetic! He would do well in an active home. He is a big puppy and may have some mastiff mixed in among his other breeds.
Other available dogs:
Mac- male 1-2 year old Border/carin terrier. Lots of energy and a friendly boy
Angus- male 1-2 years old Dandi Dinmont Terrier Lots of energy. Has one blue eye
Kirby –male 4 year terrier/border. Loves to go for walks. No children please.
Brodie –male 9 year old border collie Friendly needs special home.
Gypsy- female 8mo-1 year shepherd/lab blend. Very friendly, loves to play and go for walks.
Sofi- female 2 year old Boerboel/mastiff Large dog, very gentle
All animals will be spayed or neutered prior to leaving shelter and receive 1 year rabies vaccination and city license. Ages are approximated.
The City of Mesquite Animal Shelter located at 795 Hardy Way is open for adoptions from 11am until 1 pm, Monday through Saturday, Sunday 1pm -3pm. Please call 702-346-7415 during these hours to speak to the front desk. Animal Control may be reached by phone or voicemail at 702-346-5268
The animals submitted to the media may have changes so please visit our Petfinder website for a current listing and more detailed information on the animals. www.mesquiteanimalshelter.petfinder.com
Please also check our Facebook pages for lost and found animals along with pet information. https://www.facebook.com/MesquiteNVAnimalControl and https://www.facebook.com/FRIENDSOFMESQUITENVANIMALSHELTER