Owning and running a family business has a multitude of challenges. As family businesses mature, generations often move apart geographically and psychologically. These distances may erode relationships and the cohesiveness of a smooth-running business.
For a discussion on this topic, Nevada State Bank presents a free webinar, “Family Business Culture,” on Thursday, June 11, at 9 a.m. Pacific Time. To register, the public can visit www.nsbank.com/familybusiness and click on the registration button.
Participants will learn techniques to:
- Continuously reinforce the connection between family values and business culture.
- Create a common ground for discussion among family members, employees, directors and customers.
- Articulate how the business’ strategy is strengthened by the values of the owning family.
Featuring internationally known experts from the Family Business Consulting Group, this webcast will answer questions that will help any family business owner prepare for the future of their company. The presenters are:
- Otis Baskin, Ph.D. – Baskin brings extensive international experience to his focus on management, governance and decision-making issues in family businesses. He was the founding director of the Family Business Forum at the University of Memphis and is a former dean of Pepperdine University.
- Dana Telford – Telford helps family business owners plan for succession and manage the complexities and opportunities that are inherent to a family business, specializing in succession planning. He earned his MBA from Harvard Business School.
The webinar “Family Business Culture” is offered for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal or other professional advice. Consult with an attorney or other professional concerning your own needs and circumstances. The views and opinions expressed by the speakers are not necessarily those of Nevada State Bank, Zions Bancorporation or its affiliates.