Overton Power’s priority is safety education

On Wednesday, April 25, Overton Power held a High Voltage Safety Demonstration for the Virgin Valley High School Students.  The demonstration was facilitated by Cory Dalley, a foreman at the Overton plant, and three members of the Mesquite … [Read more...]

Nurses Inspire, Innovate, Influence

By: Ned Hill, CEO - Mesa View Regional Hospital In recognition of National Nurses Week and National Hospital Week (May 6-12) I want to express my sincere appreciation to our nurses and all of our hospital team members who serve diligently each and … [Read more...]

Volunteers clean up vandalism in Gold Butte National Monument

Nevada’s newest National Monument is no stranger to vandalism.   Good thing there is dedicated group of trained volunteers organized by Friends of Gold Butte that are eager to do whatever they can to keep Gold Butte pristine and n … [Read more...]

Nurses Inspire, Innovate, Influence

By: Ned Hill, CEO - Mesa View Regional Hospital In recognition of National Nurses Week and National Hospital Week (May 6-12) I want to express my sincere appreciation to our nurses and all of our hospital team members who serve diligently each and … [Read more...]

Smith’s gives generously to community

Over the Christmas Holiday, Smith’s Food and Drug cashiers asked the generous people of Mesquite to donate to “Bringing Hope to the Table” and the results were tremendous. The Virgin Valley Community Food Bank received gift cards totaling $1,18 … [Read more...]

A Jewish Wedding on Friday the Thirteenth

Friday the thirteenth may not be everyone’s idea of the perfect anniversary but for Jesse and Miriam Samuels it’s the perfect day to add to their already fairytale romance. The couple met on a dating web site and it only took half of the first dat … [Read more...]

Easter Egg Hunt

… [Read more...]

Fundraiser for grads is fun for guests

The key to a great “fundraiser” Is FUN.   The Mesquite Community Education Fund and Virgin Valley High School students certainly lived up to that idea as they welcomed guests to the 2018 Spring Fling “Cherry Blossom Time” on March 21.   Chef Chris Noo … [Read more...]

Family Discovery Day was a fun learning experience

The Mesquite Nevada Stake of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints hosted it’s annual “Family Discovery Day” on Saturday March 17th, and made it a St. Patrick’s Day to remember.  This year’s event was themed “Family History: Family Fun” and … [Read more...]

Pub crawl celebrates Irish heritage

Many European cities have public pub crawls that act as social gatherings for the local expatriate communities and tourists. These crawls focus on the social aspect of meeting new friends and being introduced to new bars in a strange city. On St. … [Read more...]