Beauty and The Me

a little about me, A Lot About Beauty By Richard Brown   Many of our readers have been asking me about my background and history. Where did you come from, why Mesquite, what’s your back-story? Long, long ago I started working with … [Read more...]

You’ve just got to have Faith

She’s only 14 years old and already has what it takes to get a slew of titles under her belts in both name and mind set. Faith Mendez is the number one ranked woman’s boxer in the United States for her age/weight class, 2017 Women’s National Golden … [Read more...]

Casapoolooza

Mesquite is bound to have a rocking good summer with free poolside concerts at the CasaBlanca Resort. On July 7, the Spazmatics once again set the standard for the rest of the summer with a pool party that was wild and crazy fun. The band cranked out … [Read more...]

Free Breakfast and Lunches Provided during Summer

By  Samuel Snow Special to MLN Each year, the U.S. Department of Agriculture Summer Food Service Program partners with the Clark County School District to provide free breakfast and lunch for students age 18 and younger when school is out … [Read more...]

Gone but never forgotten

Living in a retirement community, you probably read that headline and thought, “RIP” but don’t worry; this story hasn’t anything to do with that kind of ‘gone.’ Have you ever met that one person that impresses you so much that you want to gush … [Read more...]

It’s wasn’t a day to celebrate

Memorial Day is a day to observe and honor, not celebrate, those who fought to the death to defend the freedom of those still living. Mesquite Mayor Allan Litman is one of those veterans; a well-decorated Vietnam veteran who firmly believes in … [Read more...]

Virgin Valley Graduates

On Friday, May 25 all 184 Virgin Valley High School Graduands walked into their brand new high school gymnasium to say their final good-byes to teachers, staff, friends and high school days. the class of 2018 is the first class to graduate in the new … [Read more...]

Hafen Park/Pond Fish Restocking Schedule

For all of you fishing enthusiasts in the City, here is the restocking schedule for Hafen Pond Located at 450 Hafen Lane Park.  The Nevada Department of Wildlife (NDOW) will be delivering Wednesday, June 6; we will be getting a shipment of 150LBS of … [Read more...]

Memorial Day Weekend Weather Forcast

[Read more...]

Mesquite Library

[Read more...]