Mesquite Fire Rescue Weekly Call Statistics
Mesquite Fire & Rescue submits the following call statistics for the week of 8/29/16 through 9/4/2016:
Total Calls for Service: 62*
911 Transports: 35
Non Transports: 14
Inter-facility Transports: 5
Fire Related Incidents: 10
- B-Shift kicked off the new School year with Fire Drills at all three Mesquite area schools.
- E-11, R-31 Responded to Fire Station 2 at the airport for a smell of smoke. Crew of Mercy Air reported that they have a smell of electrical burning in the building. Unit arrived with no visible smoke or fire. There was a noticeable smell of “electrical” smoke in the building. Investigation found a water cooler sparking significantly when plugged in. Offending appliance removed from building and occupants advised to repair or dispose of it.
- E-11, R-11, Battalion 3 responded to Sandhill/Hillside for a 3 vehicle collision. No extrication necessary. One driver transported by R-11 to MVRH for evaluation.
- E-11, R-11, Battalion 3 Responded to I-15 mm 121 center median for a single vehicle rollover. Unit arrived to find compact pickup on its roof. Single occupant had self-extricated prior to arrival of emergency responders. He was transported to MVRH by R-11 for evaluation.
- E-11, R-11 Responded to Mesquite Heights Road on the access road to the water tank by the dump in Lincoln County for a report of a power pole on fire. Responders arrived to find a wooden power pole snapped at its base and leaning severely. Smoke was visible from the base of the pole. Responders staged a safe distance away until arrival of power utility and power secured. Pole extinguished without incident and scene left with Overton Power for repair in conjunction with Lincoln County Power.
Non Transports include: Patient refusals, lift assists, patient deceased at scene, no patient found, no incident found, incidents handled by other agencies.
*Call totals do not always add up to the Total Calls for Service due to multiple patients/incident types at a single incident.