ViewMesa View Regional Hospital is now an Accredited Chest Pain Center. Mesa View recently was granted full accreditation by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC) – making this hospital 1 of only 5 out of the approximately 1,300 Critical Access hospitals in the entire nation to hold this designation.
To receive this accreditation, Mesa View Regional Hospital has demonstrated its expertise and commitment to quality patient care by meeting or exceeding a wide set of stringent criteria and completing on-site evaluations by the SCPC review team.
“This is momentous not only for our hospital and patients, but the community as well,” said Mesa View Regional Hospital CEO Patty Holden.” “It’s another step in our commitment to providing superior emergency and cardiac care to the residents of Mesquite and the surrounding areas. While the focus is on our emergency department, this accreditation is possible because of the work and commitment of a multi-disciplinary team that includes employees, physicians, Mesquite Fire & Rescue’s EMS and Dixie Regional Medical Center.”
“Dixie Regional Medical Center congratulates Mesa View Hospital on earning designation as a Critical Access Chest Pain Center,” said Terri Kane, Vice President of the Southwest Region of Intermountain Healthcare. “We always enjoy working with the professionals at Mesa View and know they are committed to providing the best of care for the patients they serve in the Virgin Valley.”
Chest pain is among the top symptoms of patients who visit the Mesa View Regional Hospital Emergency Department (ED). This designation means that any patient who comes to Mesa View Regional Hospital experiencing chest pain can be confident he or she is receiving care that meets or exceeds the highest national standards of care.
“Quick response, diagnosis and treatment save lives and heart muscle,” says Dr. Aschenaki, local cardiologist and Chest Pain Center physician champion. “Our skilled team of physicians and nurses, working closely with paramedics/EMS, advanced technology and exceptional response time to cardiac emergencies, gives patients the best chance of survival and recovery,” she concluded.
“Care for chest pain patients starts long before they arrive at the hospital emergency room,” said Kash Cristopher, City of Mesquite Fire Chief. “We work closely with the specialists at Mesa View Regional Hospital and we’re proud to be involved with the hospital’s accreditation and specialty cardiac care that ultimately benefits our residents. This also compliments the recent accreditation of Mesquite Fire & Rescue as Critical Care Paramedics,” he concluded.
“This accreditation would not be possible without the hard work and dedication of our local inter-disciplinary team,” commented Nancy Seck, Chief Nursing Officer for Mesa View Regional Hospital.
Members of the Chest Pain Center committee include: Jan Call, RN, Emergency Department Director / Dr. Aschenaki, Cardiologist / Dr. Houston, Emergency Department Medical Director / John Gately, Captain, Paramedic, Mesquite Fire and Rescue / Rick Resnick, Deputy Fire Chief / Susan Stowell, RN, Quality Director / Jorene Dalley, Emergency Department Technician / Kathy Jo Knight, Administrative Director of Laboratory Services / Jocelyn Bunker, RN, Intensive Care Unit / Michelle Robitaille, RN, Emergency Department.
By achieving Chest Pain Center Accreditation status, Mesa View Regional Hospital demonstrates expertise in the following areas:
- Integrating the emergency department with the local emergency medical system
- Assessing, diagnosing, and treating patients quickly
- Effectively treating patients at low risk for acute coronary syndrome
- Continually seeking to improve processes and procedures
- Supporting community outreach programs that educate the public to promptly seek medical care if they display symptoms of a possible heart attackThe SCPC is a non-profit international society that promotes protocol-based medicine and the adoption of process improvement science by healthcare providers to address heart attacks and acute heart failure. In July 2016, SCPC granted Mesa View Regional Hospital Chest Pain Center a three-year accreditation.
- Mesa View Regional Hospital is a 25-bed facility located in Mesquite, Nevada with skilled professional staff that offers award-winning quality and patient –focused healthcare. Mesa View provides a full range of inpatient and outpatient hospital services including an Intensive Care Unit, Medical, Surgical, Orthopedics – Total Joint and Sports Medicine Program, Women’s Health, Laboratory, Cardiopulmonary Testing, Wound Care and Hyperbaric Center, Imaging and Emergency Medicine Services. Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® by The Joint Commission, 2012, 2013 and 2014 For more information, visit MesaViewHospital.com.